Wednesday 6 April 2011

Images used on the Front Cover, Contents Page and Double Page Spread

These are the five images I have used throughout my music magazine creation. I have used one image on the front cover, one image on the contents page and three images on the double page spread.


This is my first image that has been edited and was used on my front cover. I used this image on the front cover and the factors that make this image appealing are as follows; The pose of the model invites the audience in and also the fact that he is staring straight into the camera lens means that the audience will feel that the model is directly addressing them and will help make reading the magazine a more personal experience. Also the editing of this photo has been done very well as you can barely tell that I have had to remove the background from this image. The only editing mistake I can personally spot is perhaps a little gap cut out of the models' left arm or a slight little bit that I have missed and not removed on his right cheek. A negative of this image is the way the model has unbutton all of his buttons on his polo t-shirt. I think the model would look better if he buttoned up a few buttons and had a more formal look rather than totally casual.


This is the second edited image of my magazine and has been used on my contents page. The image has been edited well as it almost seems like the model was standing in front of a plain white surface. I cannot personally spot any editing mistakes from my editing. A good factor of this image is that the model looks directly into the camera lens and the audience will feel directly addressed by him, making the experience of reading the magazine more personal. A bad feature is that the pose of the model seems disgruntled and dull and this won't be a pose that will attract the audience to read on through the magazine.

This is the third image that has been edited for use in my music magazine, and it has been used on the double page spread. The quality of my editing is questionable on this image, as it is slightly pixelated around the edges. However, this image was intended to be a small image on my DPS and therefore the pixelation will be reduced when it is reduced in size and the editing mistake will not be seen so easily. A good feature of this image is the way the model stares past the camera, creating an element of mystery which will intrigue the audience and will invite them to read on and see if they can find information about why he may be posing the way he is. A negative of this image is that despite the pose being a positive, if he stared into the camera, it would seem like he was addressing the audience and invite them to read the article.

This is the fourth image that I have edited and used and it is on the double page spread. I have not removed the background on this image like I did in my other photos. I have instead decided to be adventurous and use a different effect and create a type of image that looks like a portrait painting of the model. I have been inspired by a film to do this, as in the film "The Godfather", there is a similar type of pose in a painting and I have done this to make the model seem like a classic and legendary artist and to add the extra image to the page to not leave it as too spacious. A positive of this image is that it is a unique image and will definitely catch the attentions of the eyes of the audience and draw them into the article. A negative is that it is very experimental, and may make my magazine look unprofessional and childish.


This is the fifth and final edited image, and it will be used on my double page spread. While editing this, My focus was to remove the background but by accident I created a rather snazzy effect which looks brilliant. This sort of image is definitely an image that will be seen in a music magazine as it is different, eye catching and makes the model look good. I have accidentally created a great image and my favourite image of the whole five. The effect at the bottom of the image is a breathtaking feature which is an attractive element of the image and will reel in the audience to read the article. A positive of this image as well as the unique effect, is the long shot. I have managed to fit his whole body onto this image, and this means the audience can seen the whole artist for what he really is and it is also a stylish image as will promote the artist well and invite the audience into the double page spread. Another positive is the way his clothes are colour co-ordinated and will attract the audience as it adds to the stylish nature of the image. A negative of the image is that the top of the image is rather empty compared to the packed bottom half of the image with the unique effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment