Friday 25 March 2011

Front Cover Photo shoot

I took 3 photos in total for my front cover. I asked my model to give different types of poses, like smiling, one not smiling and another pose which was different from the other two.

This photo is an original and unedited image which I didn't use the camera flash. This was the first image that I took. I liked the way he has put his arms to his side as it looks like a pose you might see in a typical magazine, but he has smiled and I don't think that's what you see on the cover of a magazine. I would prefer a plain facial expression as it is was I personally think is a typical magazine pose. The T-shirt he is wearing is good for a photo, the only problem is it eliminates contrast of a dark coloured text on the page, but could also help to compliment the colour scheme on the page.
I won't choose this photo because I do not like the pose and do not believe it would be seen on the front of a magazine as it doesn't look like a photo that would be professionally taken.
I zoomed out more for this photo and didn't use the flash on this photo. He has a plain facial expression which is more what I'm looking for, but he has a slight smirk which you don't see in images on a magazine, so therefore I feel that I needed to take another image. The dark T-shirt also lowers the effect of dark text, but could also compliment the text colour.
I won't choose this photo to be used on my cove because it is too casual with the arm across his body and it is a photo that wouldn't be on front of a music magazine.
This was my third and final photo, and for a different effect on this photo I used the camera flash. The result was that my model stood out much more in this photo and he had the perfect facial expression that I was looking for. The distance for the photo was also good, if there was one negative it would be the colour of the t shirt, but that can also have a positive because it can compliment the colour scheme, despite making dark coloured text stand out less.
I would use this photo because the flash has made the model stand out much more on the photo and the pose of the model is also a pose which is what you would see on the front cover of a music magazine, so therefore I will use this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment